Role & Person Specification: Family Law Solicitor or Legal Executive – Care Proceedings
- Undertaking legal work for the benefit of the clients of the firm.
Supervising the work of secretaries, trainees, paralegals and others as may from time to time be required.
- Ensuring ongoing competency training including completing compliance training.
- Working loyally and effectively as a member of the firm
- The meeting of fee earning targets both monthly and annually.
- Appropriate management of debtors, including obtaining funds on account of costs and disbursements in accordance with departmental policy from time to time.
Participation in business development activities including:
- Working with our BDM to develop and successfully market the department including to help create and implement business development strategies.
- Writing articles for the firm and taking an active role on social media including firm and self-promotion.
- Attending networking events on behalf of the firm.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sound relevant experience required, gained within a respected Family team
- Some experience of handling a varied caseload will be necessary.
- Experience of managing support staff
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong academic background
- Self-starting approach to tasks and projects and ability to work on own initiative
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – an ability to interact with people at all levels and able to inspire confidence in customers and colleagues
- Good communication skills,
- Sound writing and drafting skills
- Sound legal research skills
- Sound interviewing and advising skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibility to take on new types and complexities of work
- Ability to remain calm and professionally detached in all circumstances
- Ability to work as part of a team and committed to a career in this area
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Technological proficiency, including in use of email, word processing, ability to use an electronic case management system filing, etc.
Interested in this role? Apply without delay by sending your CV with a covering letter to [email protected] or call Sarah on 0191 567 0465 for a confidential chat.