Notary Public for Business
If your business has any dealings abroad, you will know how important it is to ensure that paperwork is 100% correct and verified, in order for legal documents to be accepted in many other countries.
Our highly experienced Notary Public, Annaliese Barber, can certify and authenticate any key legal documents you need, to be able to carry out your commercial and corporate affairs in foreign jurisdictions.
What is a Notary and why do businesses need the services of one?
A Notary Public, regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury, is a qualified and internationally recognised lawyer, specialising in preparing and authenticating legal and other official documents for use abroad.
A Notary Public can witness signatures and verify ID, along with authenticating paperwork and documents that are legally recognised in other countries. Some of the most common dealings and transactions that businesses use a Notary Public for include:
- Notarising commercial Powers of Attorney
- Certifying the paperwork for applications to set up a company abroad
- Certifying the paperwork for commercial property purchases and sales abroad
- Authenticating commercial documents for UK or foreign companies
- Certifying company documents such as Resolutions, Minutes, Certificates of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Authenticating documents to assist in the opening of corporate branch offices and bank accounts, Certificates of Good Standing, Certificates of Law, Application Forms
- Notarised copies of identification and other documents
- Attesting and authenticating the signature and execution of documents
- Authenticating the signing of an acknowledgment for use in the United States of America
- Dealing with shipping documentation including the registration of vessels and ship protests
- Statutory declaration verifying the director’s identity
We recommend that you consult with a Notary Public well in advance of carrying out any corporate or commercial matters abroad, to ensure you know exactly what documents you will need for every part of the process. Our service can ensure that all necessary paperwork is properly prepared, verified and authenticated, which will help to minimise the chances of delays or unexpected issues with any of the documentation.
Legalisation of documents used in your foreign business dealings
You may find that some of your documents that will be used abroad need to be ‘legalised’ or ‘apostilled’. This means that the Notary Public’s signature needs to be verified by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office ‘the FCO’ and/or the Embassy or Consulate of the country in which the document is to be used. The certificate that the FCO attach to the document is known as an ‘apostille’.
Using our notary services helps to ensure that your business dealings in other countries can be carried out as smoothly as possible.
Further helpful information on our Notary Public services
Personal Notary Public services
We also offer personal Notary Public services for individuals wanting to work, study, get married or buy and sell property in other countries. For more information on how Annaliese can help, visit our dedicated section for this service here.