Role & Person Specification: Legal Assistant – Family Law
- Billing (primarily Legal Aid)
- Preparation of documentation and correspondence including mail and enclosures.
- General administration including filing, photocopying, message taking and diary arrangements.
- Typing via digital dictation
- Occasional receptionist duties
- Cataloguing and organisation of documentation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Business administration and secretarial qualification is desirable but not essential
- Must have relevant experience of working in a busy legal practice, gained in a Family Law and Care department.
- Must understand and have experience of the Legal Aid application and billing system; CCMS including fixed fee billing, court assisted bills and HCCPs and must be able to respond to and resolve billing enquiries from LAA on own initiative.
- Must be able to liaise with professionals, experts, other agencies and the Court.
- Good typing speed (at least 80/90 wpm) and excellent typing accuracy.
- Good spelling and punctuation
- An understanding of the concept of confidentially and how to deal with confidential information
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-starting approach to tasks and projects and ability to work on own initiative
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – an ability to interact with people all levels and able to inspire confidence in clients and colleagues
- Good communication skills and excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibility to take on new types of work
- Ability to remain calm and professionally detached in all circumstances
- Microsoft Office including a proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Ability to use a case management system and understand business accounting systems.
Interested in this role? Apply without delay by sending your CV with a covering letter to [email protected] on 0191 567 0465 for a confidential chat.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE